We are providing you with the following list of Terms and Conditions of motorcycle tours with us. You are humbly requested to go through it before you book any tours with us.
Kindly note when making a booking with MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd along with the appropriate deposit(s), a contract will come into existence between you, the Rider / Client and MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd the Organizer, in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions laid out in this document. Your booking with us is governed by and construed in accordance with the Indian law and Indian Judiciary System Standards, since MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd is registered with the Govt. of India, Himachal Pradesh Department of Tourism under Registration Number 2-83/2014-MNL-TD-4389 and our Corporate Identity Number is U63040HP2012PTC000300.
- You participate with MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd knowing that motorcycle touring in Asia (Bhutan, India, Laos, Mongolia, Nepal, Tibet, Thailand and Sri Lanka) involves a certain amount of potential hazard even as a competent rider and you do so entirely at your own risk. The security and safe control of your motorcycle while riding, is entirely your responsibility.
- Please ensure that you are medically sound and that all required preventative and precautionary measures for your wellbeing have been taken for such a motorcycle tour, by seeing the required medical professionals before you embark on this journey. Sometimes long, consecutive days of varying road conditions from easy to treacherous and rapidly changing, extreme weather conditions from sunshine to rain, sleet and snow, take their toll and require good physical fitness and stamina, especially in high altitudes.
- The Rider is required to have at least 3 years on-road and off-road motorcycle riding experience on large capacity motorcycles to ride on our tours and is expected to ride with skill, care and confidence. Although our mechanics maintain the motorcycles regularly, riders are responsible for the safe operation and care of their motorcycles, especially on tours passing through remote areas.
- At our discretion, any rider seen taking unnecessary risks en-route will have their journey terminated, thereafter traveling in the support vehicle for the remainder of the tour. No reimbursement will be given in this case. Your safety is our primary concern.
- Please conform to the traffic laws and regulations of each region, since the Rider is responsible for their own fines, should they occur.
- The Rider / Client is responsible for his / her own riding gear and equipment. Helmets are mandatory at all times while on the motorcycle.
- Should the Rider carry a Pillion, he / she is fully responsible for the safety of said Pillion.
- The following five documents are compulsory and fall entirely under the Riders’ / Clients’ responsibility to acquire
- A valid passport with an expiry date of at least 6 months beyond the end of the tour
- Required visa(s)
- A valid Motorcycle Licence, translated if necessary (for Riders only)
- A valid International Driving Permit / Licence, translated if necessary (for Riders only)
- A valid travel insurance policy which covers your personal health, repatriation, belongings and covers you for riding a large capacity motorcycle for transport. Please print off a copy for safe keeping during your tour / travels. Riders are requested to hand over the insurance numbers and addresses to our guide.
The above five documents are non-negotiable. If you are unable to show any one of the above five documents on arrival, you will not be allowed on the motorcycle tour.
- Supplementary Documents – In addition to the required documents, it is always advisable to bring the following documents with you
- Spare Passport sized photographs, for Permits and SIM card purchases
- Photocopies of your Passport and Visa page, for Permits, SIM card purchases and as a backup in case of loss
- Important telephone numbers e.g. Credit Card Company contact number (in case of loss or theft)
- Medical insurance, if not sufficiently covered by your travel insurance
- In order to comply with IATA directives, we do not purchase any international air tickets on behalf of our Riders / Clients on any of our tours. Where necessary we will advise Riders of the exact flight ticket to purchase and in some cases through which ticketing agent to purchase the ticket to complete tour details.
- 30% Deposit per Rider / Pillion is required within 7 days of booking online with MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd to secure your seat on one of our motorbike tours.
- Deposit payments are made payable to MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd and they can be made via Bank Transfer, in Euros, US Dollars or in Sterling Pounds. Traveller Cheques are NOT accepted. All deposits should be addressed to MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd.
- On receipt of the deposit an invoice will be sent enclosing full details, including information required for visa application.
- From your online booking it will be deemed that you guarantee to have the authority and required motorcycling experience to partake in such a motorcycle tour and that you accept the Terms and Conditions set out in this document.
- 70% Balance is to be deposited 2 months prior to the departure date of the tour.
- All bank charges regarding payment of said booking shall be borne by the Rider / Pillion.
- All our prices are fixed.
- A special cost can be offered for a group of more than 10 participants.
Should the Rider wish to amend or cancel his/her booking for any reason including death, accident, illness, or any other personal reasons including non-payment of the balance payment, MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd is liable to recover cancellation charges from the Rider. All cancellations and amendments are to be communicated in writing.
Cancellation charges will be levied as follows, when your cancellation is received:
Days prior to the trip departure date — fees charged More than 60 days prior to the trip departure date — 10% of the total price will be collected 31-60 days prior to the trip departure date — 25% of the total price will be collected 16-30 days prior to the trip departure date — 50% of the total price will be collected 0-15 days prior to the trip departure date — 100% of the total price will be collected
- If you are delayed or think you might be late, contact details will be available and everything possible will be done to make alternative arrangements in order to meet you further down the road. Extra fees may be incurred at the Riders’ cost.
- There will be NO refund for NO SHOWS.
- Any amendment in the original booking has to be given to us in writing. All changes will be processed only after the receipt of the same by the Company. However, if any of the amendment requests results in cancellation of one or more services, then the Company is liable to recover cancellation charges as indicated in the above-mentioned table.
- The above-mentioned cancellation charges are applicable only against the main Tour and optional tours published by the Company. If the Client has booked any other services such as air / train tickets or any third party product, then the Company is liable to recover cancellation charges as per cancellation terms of respective airline / railways or the cancellation terms of respective third party. The Company is also liable to recover its service charges against booking and cancelling such services for the Client.
- Please ensure that your travel insurance covers cancellations.
- The refund shall be processed within 15-20 working days from the date of the cancellation request. Refund will be made online/offline (Netbanking/Cheque/DD/) as per client preference.
- Please note transfer fee(payment gateway charges/bank charges etc) charged at the time of booking will not be refundable.
- No refunds are given if your Tour is terminated early due to an accident, impaired fitness to continue, dismissal from a Tour, or any other reason.
- Leaving a tour midway will incur the loss of your Motorcycle Security Deposit
- Should we find that a specific tour group has an insufficient number of riders, we reserve the right to amend the route for this smaller group without diluting any of the characteristics of the tour.
- Our tours are planned several months in advance to avoid adverse climate conditions. Should any unforeseeable situations beyond our control arise while on tour e.g. landslides, snow pack, earthquake or glacier movement, we reserve the right to alter the route and detour as necessary to continue with the adventure in safety, as your welfare is of utmost importance. The decision of the Motorcycle Expeditions Guide is final in this case. In such rare cases, extra costs may have to be incurred and these will need to be covered by the Riders / Pillions.
- We are very conscious about catering and aim to dish up hygienic cuisine on our motorbike tours. Sometimes we ride well off the beaten tracks, where we will eat local and as much as it’s an incredible delight to the palate and an authentic and wonderful experience, it might not meet European standards.
- We will dine in hotels if that’s the accommodation for the night.
- Our efficient kitchen crews are always ready to serve you five star cuisines at high altitudes it camp, during expeditions.
- Should you have any special requirement e.g. vegetarian or food allergies, please discuss this with us in advance, so we can arrange accordingly.
- Water bottles are always provided by the backup jeep during road trips.
- Consumption of high content alcohol is prohibited before and during riding time. Alcohol consumption is also not beneficial for oxygen absorption / levels at high altitude, but the evenings are full of chit-chat and rum punch to knock out the fatigue of the day.
- The motorcycles are insured under Third Party as per legal requirements, but this does NOT cover anything. Accidents involving any humans, animals or vehicles (including our motorcycles) are not covered. The procedures are so cumbersome that insurance is paid as a legal formality and claims are never made or processed. Thailand & Laos are an exception as the motorcycles are covered by insurance which compares to Western insurance.
- A safety deposit of US$ 300- is required as a prerequisite to motorcycle assignment to the Rider and this deposit can be paid in cash or via credit card authorization prior to the start of the tour. Damages sustained to the motorcycle are entirely the responsibility of the Rider and should the damages exceed the amount of the safety deposit, MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd reserves the right to claim the costs from the Rider separately. If no damages are incurred during your motorcycle expedition, then no charges will appear on your credit card or your cash deposit will be returned. In case of small damages, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the Rider.
- Repairs of small accidental damage from bikes falling over & light spills are normally covered by the tour price, but MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd reserves the right to appraise all damages and repair costs and bill accordingly.
- Riding a motorcycle in Asia and Indian sub-continent is a privilege. MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd is grateful to the Tourism Authority of the Indian sub-continent and Asia for permission to operate tours of this kind in Asian countries. Although some remote regions are opening their doors to the outside world and experimenting with new ideas for tourism, participants are reminded of the culturally sensitive nature of these trips and are urged and requested to conduct themselves in a respectable manner and show extra courtesy and riding style while encountering local residents!
- We further ask you to please show respect and courtesy to your fellow riders.
- Wearing protective clothing and a helmet at all times while riding is compulsory.
- You the Rider and / or Pillion are responsible for necessary travel and medical insurance which covers (1) your personal health and belongings and (2) you for riding a large capacity motorcycle for transport. MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd cannot be held responsible for any injury or loss.
- Nobody wants to get hurt or injured on a tour, but accidents do sometimes happen. You should have a travel insurance policy that is sufficient for your personal health / medicinal needs and covers hospitalisation or repatriation. In remote locations there will be no mobile signal and helicopter recovery service and ambulances may not be available. The tour leader will ensure that the best possible evacuation / services are provided according to local availability.
- Be aware that your insurance may cover helicopter rescue, but that we may have to send a messenger back down the road for one day to find a telephone that works in order to summon one, assuming the nearest helicopter is in working order – this would be the case on the more remote excursions in the mountains.
- We request riders to provide an alternative emergency contact and in the unfortunate event that anything serious should happen to you, we will inform this alternative contact of your condition as soon as possible.
We reserve the absolute right to remove you from the Tour without notice and refund, should your behaviour in our opinion:
- Cause annoyance, distress or danger to others in the group or anyone with whom we come in contact on Tour.
- Cause undue damage to motorcycles or places in which we stay.
- Behaves / speaks in a racist manner.
Motorcycling in the mountainous areas of the Indian sub-continent (Himalaya & Karakoram), Nepal and Bhutan is surely one of the best ways to experience the regions’ rich cultures, friendly people and unequalled scenery. At the same time motorcycling does have its dangers, especially on narrow mountain roads with unpredictable traffic and abrupt changes in weather conditions. Tours operated by MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd should be undertaken by fit, experienced riders with an open mind to accepting changing conditions and different rules of the road. We guarantee you an everlasting life time memory and life changing motorcycling with us in Asia and the Indian sub-continent.
- You must hold a full Passport and it must have at least 6 months validity remaining after your return home.
- Immigration Authorities in all counties are very strict about valid visas and at no time should you allow your visa to expire whilst visiting the following countries.
- Bhutan Visas – Please acquire a multiple-entry Indian Visa to be allowed into India. Motorcycle Expeditions will arrange your Bhutan Visa with a photocopy of your passport and 3 passport photos. Confirmed reservations and funds are required due to Bhutan tourism laws.
- India Visas – To enter and travel in India, you only require a ‘single entry Indian Tourist Visa’. These are valid for up to 6 months and are obtained from the Indian Consular Visa Service https://www.vfsglobal.com/en/individuals/index.html. Select your language, India and your country on the left of the screen, to obtain more information on acquiring an Indian Visa.
- We do NOT recommend eVisa, since those do not guarantee permits required for your travels into remote areas of India.
- With a multiple Entry Indian Tourist Visa please be aware that once you leave India you must remain out of India for no less than 2 months, before you can re-enter. This rule is strictly applied.
- Mongolia Visas – Riders need to apply for their own Mongolian visas beforehand.
- Nepal Visas – Nepal On-Entry visas are valid for 60 days and can be renewed either in Kathmandu or Pokhara for an additional 1 month visa, up to 150 days (5 months) per calendar year. The charge at any of the border crossings is US$40 per month. A renewal visa for Nepal will cost US$60 for 1 month.
- Sri Lanka Visas – ETA (Electronic Travel Authorisation) is a requirement and you can either acquire it online or for a bit extra, on arrival at the airport. Please visit www.eta.gov.lk for more details.
- Thailand / Laos – Visa policies are fairly open and convenient. Please consult your local Thailand and Laos embassies to establish the required steps.
- Tibet Visas – For Tibet Tours originating in either Tibet or Nepal, we will arrange the necessary paperwork – Tibet Group Permit, Temporary Vehicle License, and any onward Visas for guests wishing to enter China from Tibet. Guests must submit the necessary documents for Tibet Tours two months in advance of a Tour Start Date.
- The Contract between you and MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd is based on the Terms and Conditions laid down in our Terms and Conditions.
- We reserve the right to make changes due to natural uncertainty to tour itineraries without prior notice.
- Please ask any questions you may have regarding our Terms and Conditions.
We are more than happy to welcome you on one of our motorcycle expeditions. Our team will ensure all your safety, comfort, bikes, food and accommodation. An immemorial motorcycle tour with us is a guarantee. We know how valuable your holidays are, especially while planning a motorcycle trip in foreign countries. It’s a year or two in advance planning. You are in safe hands, since we have years of experience of the terrain. We know each and every corner of the itineraries we offer. Your tours are not only guided by a professional motorcycle crew, but they are passionate motorcycle enthusiasts who love what they are doing. We are looking forward to welcome you soon, for a “Ride beyond your dreams!”
- In consideration of and as part of the payment for the right to participate in a tour arranged by MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd, the Rider EXPRESSLY AGREES TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS / HER OWN WELFARE AND ASSUMES ALL OF THE ABOVE, INCLUDING BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN RISKS.
- The Rider waives any and all claims he / she may currently and in the future have against and releases from all liability and agrees not to sue MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd, its officers, employees, guides, agents or representatives for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by the Rider as a result of his / her participation in my motorcycle adventure with MOTORCYCLE EXPEDITIONS ADVENTURE TOUR Pvt Ltd.